As a result of the ongoing presence of COVID-19 pandemic, Illawarra Allied Health Service is committed to continue providing the best and safest service possible for our participants and clients.
Consistent with the ongoing Government advice that we are receiving, the following measures continue to be implemented to ensure we can all remain as safe as possible:
• We will not proceed with any face to face appointment where the participant, their family / carer, or the therapist are showing any flu-like symptoms, have been in an identified hotspot location, have a current positive diagnosis of COVID 19, or has been in recent contact with someone who has. In these cases, we will discuss rescheduling the appointment to a later date or changing to an online Telehealth consultation.
• We will continue with face to face appointments and telehealth consultations as appropriate.
• We ask that patients, carers and visitors adhere strictly to the current Australian Government policies regarding self-quarantine. These can be found on several websites including: www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus.
• Should any participant or client have any concerns at all about us attending your appointment then please call your IAHS Therapist and discuss your concerns with them. Your safety and well-being are our top priority.
• Any equipment we use undergoes thorough cleaning with disinfectant between use.
• All of our staff are trained in strict hygiene standards, including the wearing of PPE, hand hygiene, when to stay away from work, how to maintain high levels of sanitisation etc in accordance with our infection control policy.
• We will continue to closely monitor Government advice and guidelines and continue to adapt our service accordingly.